Thursday, May 15, 2008

Altered coaster -Quick and Easy project

Hi there, it's me again! I have made this project a few weeks ago and I have finally managed to show them. I found this project on Chicn Scratch video on youtube. She calls it post-it note holder and she has been my source of inspiration. Visit her videos for more ideas as she is really creative and her videos are just fantastic.

Okay, first of all , you will need some designer papers of your choice, modpodge(as I found them to be the best for this project) but you can use PVA or double sided tape if you prefer, corner rounder punch and paper clip.

Put your coaster on your designer paper and trace around it twice. Decide if you want to use the same pattern on both sides or not. Next, smear generously some mod podge with a paintbrush.

Then stick down your patterned paper smoothing them out and wiping off any glue oozing out at the sides with a tissue.
Then sand the edges with a sanding block, but when you do so, make sure you sand in one direction, in a downward movement. Do not rock back and forth as this will have a tendency to remove the paper or even tear it. Sanding down will give it the desired smooth finish and will almost blend the paper layer with the coaster together.


Then, stick down patterned paper on your paper clip.

Take a post it note and seperate them , maybe in three's. Then take one of them and stick it onto the coaster and hold with paper clip.


This makes a cute little personalised gift....I like pretty things so if I have this on my desk at work, then I will be writing many many notes...I need to remember stuffs , you know!

I hope you like it.....If you do this project , do not hesitate to put a link in the comment section so we all can have a look. I would love to!
Bye for now,
Take care
x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me.Thanks for taking the time to leave me a feedback:)