Sunday, December 28, 2008

Special Card to My Good Friend Susan

I have made this card for Susan, my friend who has lost her dad couple of days before christmas. I couldn't be with you but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have put a tutorial together as I know you would want to see how this card came together.
God bless you.
Lots of love,
Tassy.




Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
I wanted to add that this fabric flower from Stampin Up was white. I have used the Classic Black ink to colour the flower in black.The flat backed pearl is also from SU and I have secured it on the the red paper flower(Prima) with a glue dot.The sentiment 'deepest sympathy' is from the set 'Never a loss for words- By Kitchen Sink stamps'.Check out the website as they have fantastic stamps HERE
Photobucket

Close-up of this dyed flower.The sentiment has been stamped down with embossing ink and embossed with white embossing powder.
Embossing with Stencil:-
Now, I know that the embossed paisley on the white card is not very visible on here.But this is how I have made this embossing. I know that many of you are very familiar with using a Big Shot but I am aiming to show this tutorial to new crafters as everyday we have new crafters.
Also, I am very sorry about the quality of these pictures.I don't know why I was working with my scented candle next to me.The light in my room was on but that yellowish light from my candle kind of messed up a bit with my pictures.I wanted some nice lavender scent while working(what was I thinking!).
Picture 1 and Picture 2 are showing what we are going to use.
I have used my embossing stencil to emboss here.So you will need your Big Shot machine,a multipurpose platform, a sillicone pad.Now a stencil is very thin, this is why the multi purpose platform is very useful.Anyway, you will also need your cutting plates as the multi purpose platform (MPP)is NOT a cutting plate.Don't worry, you have all the information necessary to cut, emboss on the MPP itself.
Picture 3
Okay, so, place your MPP in the big shot and open the top flap, as we want to use the 'Tab 2'
Picture 4
Then place your cutting pad on top of it
Picture 5
Next place your stencil on the cutting pad.Now we are going to do some layering...if you like food , then we going to make a sandwich.(I think of food all the time).
Picture 6
On top of the stencil, you are going to place your silicone pad. In the picture , you might see some paper under the silicone, please ignore.I did place my paper under the silicone but this is a mistake.So please ignore the white paper there.
Picture 7
Then take about 4 A4 copy paper , fold them in half and place these on top of the silicone pad.
Pitcure 8
And lastly place your cutting pad on top. My one has a lot of marks on it, as you can see.
That's it, simple as that! Sandwich is ready to be eaten...I mean wind through.
Picture 9 & 10
Turn the handle and when it comes through on the other side, take it out
Picture 11 & 12
The embossed image!

1Photobucket 2Photobucket

3Photobucket 4Photobucket

5Photobucket 6Photobucket

7Photobucket 8Photobucket

9Photobucket 10Photobucket


11Photobucket 12Photobucket

This is the embossed image.I love it.

Photobucket

Hope you have enjoyed this.Please say hello and hope to see you soon.

Tassy:)

2 comments:

Your comments are important to me.Thanks for taking the time to leave me a feedback:)