I had this card made already recently and thought it could be my dare for this week.Its a bit cheating(sort of) but I thought it fits the dare!!!But , watch this space as I will do another one to be able to say ive done the dare from afresh!:)
Friday, June 15, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
This is the Daring Cardmaker's Challenge for Friday 08/06/07
and the dare goes:
Hi it's Keryn here and it's my turn to set the dare this week. This time I asked my family for ideas for this weeks dare and the best amongst a lot of ideas including power tools etc, etc was Lachlan's ideas for Space. It's been his topic at school this term. (Lachlan is seven and in Year 3). To make in a little easier on you all I've called it Celestial to also include horoscopes as well as planets, spaceships, stars, suns etc. How you use these items is up to you.
I came up with...
I watched a demo on Altered Book on Sugarloaf products website and I really really liked what I have seen for the altered book. I do not have all the materials they used.For instance the theme was sewing and they had a See D's set for sewing.I am making one and the theme is vintage and sewing. The video has been a great source of inspiration and I want to alter the whole book by having a different theme as I go on. These are just a few pics of what I am working on at the moment.....
I HAVE FINALLY MANAGED TO COMPLETE THIS TODAY 8TH OF JULY!!!!
Saturday, June 09, 2007
This is my second card for Daring Cardmakers challenge for 'I can see clearly now....' set by Kel who said ' Okay, this week I would like you to use some acetate, vellum, plasma or anything else remotely 'see-through' on your card. That's it! ' (Challenge for Friday 01/06/07...catching up really....)
Friday, June 01, 2007
This is what I've came up with. This is to start me off as I have been lacking inspiration since two days now....complete lack of creativity. I've opted for acetate as I already had some and I wanted to use these stamps since a while now. I find this challenge to be very interesting and challenging indeed. Now that I have been able to unblock the main stop button, I hope to be able to let go now.I will do some more later on.
I have used 'paisley set' from Clever cut on clear acetate . I have also used versamark ink and chalk for a light background with the same stamps. I cut away a piece of the front card and attached the stamped acetate (I have used permanent ink)to the front card with eyelets. I finished off with a piece of card stamped with a tiny 'thinking of you' stamp.