Friday, February 20, 2009

Love to you

Hi there,

I have made a card which I have decided to call a Poem-Inspired Card. I have always loved poetry and loved the fact that each person can interpret a poem in a different way. I came across the sentences below and it inspired me to make this card.It would be great if you can play along and see how this extract from this poem can inspire you...If you do, please put a link in the comment section so I can see what you did.Thanks for visiting me today and stay and play...



"If things on earth may be to heaven resembled,
It must be love, pure, constant, undissembled."

Aphra Behn (1640–1689) from "And Forgive Us Our Trespasses"



I have used Hero stamp for the sentiment 'Love to you', Cardbase and patterned paper by SU. And the rose stamp is from Kitchen sink stamps.I hope you like it and if you have any questions, please just go ahead and ask.

Take care, and have a lovely week end!

Taslimah.

x


3 comments:

  1. Great card great poem will look up some more of this poet. Is he one of the metaphysical poets Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs/Bee(lol), Yeah you are right....But it is a female writer.I never heard about her before and I came across her while doing some reseach on philosophy about life and gender roles.I was quite amazed about the way she 'demystifies' gender notions.She came across as someone very strong female author, who gives a voice to 'female' transported by love in her text.Beautiful.Little is known about her background and her life is full of mysteries.I do not know a lot about her and I am now getting to know her, she is worth it(in my opinion).so who knows, you might see other Poem Inspired Cards(PIC)..from me.
    Thanks for your comment...
    Love,
    TAssy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always beautiful,thank´s for sharing,love jlaura

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me.Thanks for taking the time to leave me a feedback:)