Sunday, January 27, 2008

Embossing and beads

I thought I would try adding some beads as embellishment on a card. I always wanted to but was always a little bit worried I won't get it right...but it's not that hard, infact it's not hard at all!So go on, give it a try if you haven't!


I have inked a small area with fluid chalk in a maroon colour, then poured red embossing powder on it. I took off the excess then heat with my heat tool. While the powder has melted and still hot I poured some black embossing powder and repeated the process.The last step I used the red EP again.While still hot I stamped a small swirl stamp into it, holding my stamp in place for a few seconds. When I took it off, it leaves an indented impression.I tore the paper around the image which has an enamel effect. I have cracked the image a few times to give it a crackled effect.I then some beads on a wire and attached it to the back of the embellishemnt.



I have used 7 gypsies to spell thinkning of you...they are really tiny and cute and fit this space perfectly as I didn't think of my wording while doing the card!!



Hope you like it and inspires you!

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Your cards so inspire me. Your beauty, sight unseen lives through your creations.

    Much~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible. Great colours. Love the beading Im very clumsy & can't quite do beads!
    The tiny words look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab creation....Im loving it

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me.Thanks for taking the time to leave me a feedback:)