Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kitchen Sink Stamps

This is a project I have made a few weeks ago but I didn't get the chance to upload them simply because I was dealing with too many things at once and really didn't have the energy to do so......And now I thought I would catch up on things that have been lying on my shelf for too long, far too long!

I have used the 3 Steps -Hearts and Roses from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I found these stamps very different and this is what really attracted me to them. And they were really fun to use. It gives you the push to think outside the box and play with colours and tones. It is called 3 steps for the very reason that you will achieve the final stamped imagine in three steps. Gosh, I should have taken a photograph of what I mean. Well, I had lots of fun using them and I think they are so versatile that you can do so many projects with them. The acrylic stamps are really strong and they give nice clear print. I love them!

I made this project specially for Suzanne (LiquidIllusion) who has been a great support for me in my time of 'don't-talk-to-me-I-dunno-what-I'm-doing!'. She has constantly been in touch, letting me know she is thinking of me, asking me when I am posting new things as she finds my work inspiring.....These words meant a lot for me. So I wanted to thank her and show her how much I appreciate her friendship. The only reason I couldn't send this over to her was because (well its a long story but hopefully I will manage to send them soon). So for now, I will share with you what I have made with Kitchen sink stamps and also, what Suzanne will be receiving from me!:) Thank you Suzanne and hugs to you!

I was also experimenting with taking shots during the day and since the sun was shining I thought I would include them in my pics....Im just playing around to find different ways of presenting a project....sorry about that!


This is a complete gift set with the box, gift tag, small bag and card.


I have made this small bag with an envelope. I have made the envelope using craft brown paper using an enveloper score board...then I made this bag-a-lope following instructions on youtube from a stampin'up demo...Im sorry I cannot remember the link now but if you are interested , let me know or I will put a link later....If I remember:)
And of course I have stamped the roses on a piece of pink card and attached them to the front of the bag, front and back actually.






Looks like the season of pink and brown to me as this is what I seem to be doing right now, pink and brown!!!!I have stamped the roses and leaves onto pink card, mounted onto brown card then onto pink again.The card itself is pink here. Finished off with pink ribbons and hugs to you sentiments from Hero Arts.

I have made this box using the Eazi Score board where you can make a hexagonal box within minutes.



Look, even I do not like fussy bits and pieces with glue, I have managed to do the edges and corners quite neatly. So trust me when I say , this is not hard at all!
If I am doing something, my obsession of having it perfect overtake my mind. And sometimes, instead of having fun, I am too stress about having a perfect finish project. But I can say that with this one, I didn't have to try too hard. The score board allows you to be more relaxed, you only have to do the cutting and sticking the edges together. Lotsa fun!
I hope you like it! and most of all, Suzanne, hope you like it!

5 comments:

  1. Tassy,

    The love in your heart blooms like a rose.

    The thought you put into your work, reminds me of the floral scents angels leave behind when they visit.

    What you make with your hands, inspired by your mind, reminds me of daily miracles.

    You, my most beautifully designed friend, are a blessing to all that you touch.

    And despite the miles between us, you held out your hand, and touched my heart.

    You, dearest, are the most precious rose and wow, you gift us with your work.

    Speecless now.
    Bless you in bountiful gardens!

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is one so deserving of a special gift, it's Liquid. She has touched many hearts on the web, especially mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work and such attention to details. Will have to check out some of the stamps you use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tassy,

    Your work is simply beautiful and your tribute to Suzanne was equally as beautiful. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend... I have been reading her tributes over the past few weeks and my heart is filled with saddness on her passing. I know she is resting in peace now, but I also know how hard it is for everyone who is left behind to grieve for her.
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me.Thanks for taking the time to leave me a feedback:)